Institution: University of York
Education: BSc. (2.2 hons) Mathematics and Physics
Period: 1993 - 1996
- Equally proportioned combined maths/physics degree.
- Studied a range of pure and applied mathematics.
- Studied a variety of physics courses including lab work and a specialisation in relativistic mechanics.
- Programming in Fortran 77, C and C++ as well as using a variety of mathematical and physics related software.
- Final year project - coded a two dimensional Fourier data transform (in C) and a self organising Kohonen map neural network (in C++) to analyse data generated by x-ray diffraction crystallography experiments and identify geometric shapes. Received a first class result for the work and placed second for the university’s Physics department annual Goodwin Prize for final year projects.
Activities & Societies:
- University of York Jiu Jitsu Club.